Recipe and steps are almost the same, but the crust I modified a bit. What I do instead of cream the butter, I change to used cold butter which how you make pie crust. As easy as that.
70g unsalted butter
30g granulated sugar
120 cake flour
a pinch of salt
50ml hot water
- Flour + Sugar, stir together.
- Cut in the butter into flour mixture by using fingertips until the texture of wet sand.
- Add the egg with a spatula to mix thoroughly and press it to form a dough (do not knead!)
- Flatten the dough and wrap it in plastic wrap and put into the fridge to chill and firm it up. (roughly 30 mins)
- Pour sugar into hot water to dissolve.
- Add in milk and stir.
- Whisk the egg, pour into milk mixture and whisk until combined.
- Sieve the egg mixture to get a smooth texture.
- Take out the dough, roll out the dough cut them into the size of your mold and press the dough it to the side of the mold.
- *This dough is kinda wet, recommend using plastic wrap to flatten up the dough.
- Used fork to poke the hole at the bottom and put back to the fridge to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 190° C.
- Pour the egg mixture into the mold and bake for 10 mins. Then turn down to 170° C and bake about 10-15mins. (depends on your oven)