At last, i found my favorite recipe that frost my cupcake beautifully (i know it may not be seen really that great, you know, newbie on piping). Before that, i tried many times on basic buttercream so that i can practice on piping some pattern (like flowers) but every time i made it end up failed. Each time i make it always became runny and melty. Although i put in the fridge but after taken out for a minute it starts to melt again. Huh...i feel so frustrating.
I've been considered to make swiss meringue buttercream many times but, since it uses egg white to whipped up, consider the safety issue, so i try to step back. But then, no matter what i do, the basic buttercream still not successfully make. Therefore, i end up to try this recipe.
After i tried this, i found that it is less sweet, more fluffy and glossy than the basic buttercream. It is easy to pipe and it stay it shape longer. Although, somehow i still find this recipe a little bit melty but still be able to hold it shape.
This recipe is from a comment from a video which he/she has been cutting the recipe into a small batch. (Great for experiment)
*Safety consideration= use pasteurized egg
2 egg whites
150g unsalted butter
- Use the double boiler method, warm the egg whites and sugar while continuing stir to prevent egg whites being cooked. It ready to whip when it reach 160c and the sugar is dissolved.(rub it with fingertips and it smooth)
- Use hand mixer/ stand mixer to whip the egg white until stiff peak and it cool to touch.
- Then scoop/cube the butter (small amount) one at a time to the egg white with slow speed.
- Then turn to high speed and continue to whip the frosting.
- Be patient, it takes sometimes to whip until desired fluff and smooth buttercream.
- If it runny, pop in the fridge for 30 mins, then continue to whip.