bird cage

bird cage

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Black Sesame Seed Chiffon Cake

It's been a while i bake something. This 2 weeks, all my works it to paint my wall, the doors, and furniture. I don't even have my time to bake. Thank god, i don't have to do that again. At least not today. 

Anyway, my mom had bought me a pack of sesame seed. You see, i just ask her why she always buys cashew nuts to eat and not sesame seed. The funny thing is the next day she actually bought me sesame seed. Then she said, for you. I said, Har? What? I just asking that's all, she not even giving me the reason instead bought it for me. Mom, what are you thinking? 

Well, is not that bad after all, i still can try to make 'things'. With these much of black sesame seed, to tell you the truth, i don't actually know what to do. All i really want is to eat a sponge cake. That's it. Either way, i have to bake myself a cake and the other day I also saw one video from a Korean guy who eats a cake in which made with sesame seed. So i'm thinking why not just add in the black sesame instead. Now here, the black sesame seed chiffon cake.






Black Sesame Chiffon Cake
Ingredients:

3 egg yolks
20g sugar
50g vegetable oil
90ml milk
70g cake flour
25g black sesame seed (weight then crush)
3 egg whites
50g sugar
Shredded almond (optional)

Steps:
1. Prepare parchment paper only for the bottom of the baking pan. (I used bread loaf pan, not sure what the size is)
2. Preheat oven 170°C.
3. Beat the egg yolk + sugar until thicken a bit.
4. Gradually pour in vegetable oil and beat until pale yellow.
5. Then, slowly add in milk and whisk combine.
6. Sift in cake flour + black sesame seed and mix. (*do not overly mix)
7. Another clean bowl beat egg whites until foamy then add 1/3 sugar in it. Continue to beat the egg whites by partially add in another 1/3 sugar. Repeat the remaining sugar until the sugar is dissolved.  
8. It should be beaten until the stage at medium peak.
9. Pour the batter into the baking pan and tap the pan on the table surface to remove air bubble.
10. Oven 170°C, bake for 25-30mins.
11. Once done baking take it out and invert the cake onto the wire rack to let it cool completely.

*Try to cut down the oil by10g (50g-10g=40g)
*Make sure the sesame seed has been roasted!
  -If not, the flavor doesn’t come out and there is a bit of grassy taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment