120g flour (chilled)
100g butter (cold)
25-40ml cold ice water (depends)
Beaten egg (for egg wash)
Sprinkle sugar (for top crust)
*if use unsalted butter add a pinch of salt
4 large strawberries (leftover)
3tbsp granulated sugar
1 1/2 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Use fingertips rub the butter to the flour+sugar/whisk cutter cut the butter into the flour+sugar until it in the states of "bread crumbs"like.
- Then pour the cold water little by little. Depends on the situation, if you pinch the flour and it sticks together, it means stop adding water.
- Pour the flour onto the surface and press it until it forms a dough. Then wrap it with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for at least 1 hour to firm.
- Take the dough out from the fridge, divide the dough 2/3 for the bottom crust and 1/3 dough top crust (jz depends on the pattern you make). After that roll out 2/3 dough about 1/2 inch thick and bigger than the baking pan (6-inches wide, 5cm height). Then, d placing it in the baking pan.
- Another 1/3 dough, roll out into rectangular shape and cut in strips. Arrange the pattern you like. Put both of the bottom crust and top crust into the fridge to set while making the pie filling.
- For pie filling, wash the blueberries and strawberries(cut it into small cubes after wash) and dry them thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 200`C.
- Prepare a bowl, put in blueberries and strawberries and add in sugar+corn starch+lemon juices+butter and mix well.
- Take the baking pan and top pie crust out, pour the blueberries fillings into the baking pan. Then, cover with top pie crust.
- Beaten an egg, egg washes the top crust and sprinkle some sugar on top of the crust.
- Put into oven, bake for 40-45minutes.
- Once done bake, set aside to cool and let it sit at room temperature for at least 4 hours.