This is a very easy recipe that you can act as a playdough to create any pattern you like. It is fun to play and edible.
200g cake flour/ low protein flour 低筋面粉
100g butter 牛油 (room temperature 室温)
100g icing sugar 糖粉
1 egg 蛋
*1 tsp cocoa powder 可可粉
*a few drops red food colouring 几滴红色颜色素
- Cream the butter, then add in icing sugar and whisk until pale white colour.
- Then add in an egg and whisk until incorporated well.
- Separate 3 batches of flour incorporated into the butter mixture until it forms a dough and it non-sticky to your hand.
- *(In this part is the colouring part, so you can do whatever you want) Take out a small part of dough and put 1 tsp of cocoa powder in it and mix well.
- Next, remain dough separated into 2 parts, one remains white, another add a few drops of red food colouring. *(Do not knead the dough, or else the cookies will become very stiff.)
- After the colouring done, put into the fridge for at least 1 hour. If it requires to shape and cut, better fridge it for a longer period. Otherwise, the dough will be very soft and hard the shape and cut.
- Preheat the oven to 170’C.
- Roll out the dough for about 0.5 cm and cut into round shape. (It depend on how thick you like)
- Do the same to the red dough and then cut them into half.
- While the brown dough cut/shape into round balls and strips.
- Lay the dough on the baking tray with parchment paper, and then put on the details.
- Bake for 20-25mins. (This may depend on how thick your cookies are, the baking time may vary)
- Once done baking, let it cool on the baking tray for 5 mins, then transfer them to the wire rack and let it cool completely.
*For the Pokeballs or any other patterns, when shaping and putting on details, make sure the added layer is thin because the layers you put in is making it thicker so when baking the cookies may not be cook evenly.
- 擀出面团大概0.5cm 厚度，在切成圆形然后再切一半。