This is a simple no bake 2 layer chocolate cheesecake created by me! I've been thinking on substitute the cream with yogurt, which I'll be able to consume less fat than the usual cheesecake. So, I've been referring many recipes throughout the internet about the portion of a no bake cheesecake. At last, i am able to come out to this cheesecake which i satisfied with. Nevertheless, there are some weaknesses on this cheesecake: 1st, the taste was too rich, 2nd, there is not enough of melted butter for the based crust as it is very crumbly and fall apart when slicing the cheesecake. The first attempt not so perfect, but there will be sure for the second attempt.
Please forgive this lazy lady not to wipe her knife when slicing the cheesecake.
150g Marie biscuits (should use less, for about '100g', because it left quite a lot)
80g butter (melted)
250g cream cheese (room temperatures)
205g plain yogurt (slightly drain off the water)
150g powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp gelatin powder
1 1/2 tsp cold water
85g white chocolate (melted)
120g milk chocolate (melted)
- Melt the butter, crush the biscuits, pour the melted butter into the biscuits.
- Then pour the biscuits into a 6-inches round springform pan and press the biscuits firmly.
- Put into freezer to freeze.
- Soak the gelatin powder into cold water and set aside.
- Melt the white and milk chocolate and set aside .
- Cream the cream cheese, add in powdered sugar mix well, then add in yogurt and vanilla extract and stir until incorporated.
- The gelatin put into the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Pour into cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Separate the mixture into 2, each of the mixture stir in melted white and milk chocolate accordingly.
- Pour the two mixture accordingly to the pan and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- When slicing the cheesecake, make sure prepare a hot towel around the pan to loosen it up so the cheesecake is able to take out easily. Soaked the knife into hot water, and wiped up the water with a clean towel for easy slicing the cheesecake.