I got some leftover buttercream and not sure what to use it. So, when i saw the post of Vitoria Sponge Cake from Sorted Food, then i decided to adapt some of the ingredients into this experiment.
60g of buttercream (more or less, not sure, coz i forgot to measure)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of apple vinegar (i substituted with lemon zest, not sure about the taste so i a little only)
100g of all purpose flour
1 tsp of baking powder
some melted milk chocolate
2 tsp of milk (for each of the batter)
- Preheat oven to 180C, prepared 7inched round pan with parchment paper greased with butter around the edge.
- Cream the buttercream, then add egg mixed well.
- Add in vanilla extract and apple vinegar and mixed well.
- Sifted in dry ingredients into (2.) and combined evenly.
- Separated into 2 batters, 1 original, another for chocolate batter.
- As for the chocolate batter, incorporate well with melted chocolate and 1 tsp of milk.
- As for the white batter, just incorporate with 1 tsp of milk to loosen it up.
- Take 1/3 white batter pour into the centre of the baking pan, then take 1/3 of chocolate batter pour into the centre. Repeat the steps.
- Bake for 20 mins.